The Education Department books tours for three locations: History Museum of Mobile, Phoenix Fire Museum, and Fort Condé. Admission is charged at the History Museum of Mobile. Hours of operation vary between the three locations. Guided tour options are available for each location.
Please call (251) 301-0270 for current tour policies and information for History Museum of Mobile, Colonial Fort Conde, and Phoenix Fire Museum.
Please read our tour policies before booking a tour.
- Group tour rates are only available to groups of 10 or more people when the tour is scheduled in advance of the tour date. Groups arriving without a reservation will not be eligible for the group discount.
- Reservations are made on a first come first served basis, and limited by staff availability.
- A single payment per group must be made to be eligible for the group rate. Individual group members paying separately, or groups arriving with fewer than 10 people, may be charged full admission.
- Children of ages 3 and up will be charged admission for a group tour.
- Reservations must be made through the Curator of Education, Jennifer Theeck, by phone at (251) 301-0270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations are finalized upon receipt of confirmation email or letter.
- Please arrive on time. If your group is late we reserve the right to shorten or cancel your visit if your tardiness conflicts with other tours or programs. If you are running late, please call the museum at 251-208-7569 as a courtesy.
- For school groups, a minimum of 1 chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- Payment for the tour is due upon arrival unless other arrangements have been made with the museum’s Education Department in advance of the tour.
- All group members must follow the directions of museum staff members.
- No food or drinks are allowed in any gallery.
- Photography, with flash turned off, for non commercial use is allowed except in areas where specifically prohibited. Monopods, tripods, and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- In order to accommodate them, groups with more than 30 people may be divided into smaller groups at the discretion of the museum staff members.
- Chaperones must stay with tour group at all times and must attend to any students causing a disruption. A chaperone will be required to escort a student if student is asked to be removed from tour.